Our Light House
A Legend with Rich Legacy of Humanity
Samaj Ratan Late Shri Hira Lal Jain
Founder: Atam Group of Institutions
An Epitome of Simplicity, Knowledge, Humanity, Tolerance and Prudence, Luminous Pillar of Jainism, a Rare Scholar of Jain Agams, Eloquent Advocate of Basic Jain principles of Non-violence, Non- stealing, Truthfulness, Celibacy and Non-possession , Massiah of the downtrodden, a Vsionary Educationist, Guiding Spirit of Gadhia Dynasty, Descendent of a most respected and renowned Jain family of Shri Manak Shah Sawan Shah Jain of Sialkot ( Pakistan ) and above all a True Devotee of Jain Acharya Samrat Pujya Shri Atma Ram Ji Maharaj adopted the path of spiritualism, propagated the teachings of his Guru and adorned them as his way of life. Words fall short to describe the selfless services rendered by Shri Hira Lal Jain with regard to his active involvement in socio-religious, educational, dynastical, political activities and attainment of success in various walks of life. A brief sketch of the trajectory of his life is listed below:-
- At the young Age of 18, he became the member of “ All India S.S Jain Conference , served this esteemed organization throughout his life and rendered exceptionally valuable services in various capacities as Member Executive Committee , Yuva Adhyaksh, General Secretary , Senior Vice President and finally as a Parmukh MargDarshak.
- Established a Residential Colony named Atam Nagar in the sacred memory of Jain Acharaya Samrat Pujya Shri Atma Ram Ji Maharaj.
- With a view to propagate the teachings of his adorable Guru, Jain Acharaya Samrat Pujya Shri Atma Ram Ji Maharaj, Jain Sahib established Atam-Agam Mandir at Sahnewal (Kanech) to enlighten and inspire the future generation.
- In recognition of his services to Shri Mahavir Jain Sangh (Punjab), decorated him with the title of “Yuvak Samrat” by Giani Zail Singh Ji, the then Chief Minister of Punjab who later became Honorable President of Indian Republic.
- In 1994, this happened for the first time in the history of entire Jain Samaj, Jain Acharya Samrat Pujya Shri Davender Muni Ji Maharaj decorated him with the title of “Samaj Ratan”. The Title of “Atam Kohinoor” was blessed by Jain Upadhaya Shri Jatinder Muni Ji Maharaj and Uttar Bhartiya Parvartak Shri Amar Muni Ji Maharaj. Rashtrya Sant. Shri Kamal Muni Ji Maharaj adorned him with the title of “Divakar Ratan” in 2011.
- Remained Chairman of Lord Mahavira Foundation and Mahasati Shree Subhagwatiji Memorial Jain Charitable Hospital. He worked in various capacities as Vice President of Bharat Jain Maha Mandal, General Secretary of Shri Mahavir Jain Sangh, (Punjab). Remained the guiding spirit of Mahavira International, Shri Guru Ravi Das Foundation and S.S. Jain Maha Sabha Uttari Bharat ( Punjab ) and many more Institutions.
- In 1974, established Atam Public Sr. Sec. School in Atam Nagar in the Sacred Memory of his adorable Guru Jain Acharya Samrat Pujya Shri Atma Ram ji Maharaj. In continuity, he later established Atam Nursery School, Atam Vidya Mandir School, Atam Vatika School, Atam Institute of Excellence and Atam Charitable Hospital.
- His endless efforts lead to establishment of “Jain Chair” at Punjabi University, Patiala.
- He was the Founder and soul behind the venture of “Lord Mahavira Homoeopathic College & Hospital” at Ludhiana.
- Remained the Chairman of D.D. Jain College for Women, Ludhiana & Allied institutions for a long time.
- These educational institutions played key role in changing the lives of lakhs of students who were the victims of financial constraints. Charity for the downtrodden was very close to his heart.
- Jain Sahib with his rare academic acumen influenced the academic community as Member of the Senate of Guru Nanak Dev University, Amritsar and left his footprints on the spectrum of higher education.
- The assaultive claim of Shri Jainender Gurukul, Panchkula was put up by Shri Hira Lal Jain before the then Chief Minister S. Parkash Singh Badal and the then Chief Minister of Haryana Sh. Om Parkash Chautala and was successful in getting released the land of Shri Jainendra Gurukul , Panchkula from the State of Haryana in 2001.
- Later in 2002, he became the unanimous choice for the post of President of Shri Jainendra Gurukul, Panchkula, all other institutions under its control and remained its unchallenged choice for about 15 years and all other institutions under its management.
- Despite his dedicated and incomparable involvement in social, religious and political activities, he very successfully monitored his own “Gadhia Dynasty” and established a pious “Golden Tomari Sthal” in the Sacred Memory of Shri Dittu Baba Ji.
- In 1975, the Indian National Congress appointed him the Secretary of its ‘Mataur’ Congress Session held at ‘Kama Gata Maru Nagar’ (Near Mohali), where in, the then Prime Minister of India, Smt. Indira Gandhi and the Chief Minister of Punjab Giani Zail Singh ji and many distinguished personalities attended the Session.
- In 2010, giving recognition to his untiring efforts in the service of Humanity in general and Jain Samaj in particular, he was nominated by the State Government as the Member of the Minority Commission of Punjab.
- Jain Sahib, though he belonged to Sathanakwasi Section of Jainism yet his knowledge and deep commitment to the principles of Lord Mahavira, influenced Saints and Sadhvis of other sections of Jainism.