Atam Public Sr. Sec. School was established by Shri Atma Ram Jain Memorial Trust under the able stewardship of Samaj Rattan, Shri Hira Lal Jain, in the Sacred Memory of his adorable Guru Acharya Samrat Pujya Sh. Atma Ram Ji Maharaj in 1974. The school was established to fulfill the cherished dream of his Guru to provide accessibility to quality education to the hither to neglected sections of the society. With his untiring efforts along with other honorable members and office bearers of the trust, the school has emerged over the years as one of the premiere institutions of Ludhiana city.
Our sincere gratitude to the adorable Guru Pujya Shri Atma Ram Ji Maharaj will be to spread the message of love, peace, humility and non – violence through Deeds and Words and respect for all religions. May the Almighty bless us with strength to infuse morality and passion to work with honesty and continue to guide us like a beacon light in this big ocean wherein we have taken a plunge for the cause of providing quality education to the needy.
School is a place where a pupil in his/her formative years learns about the wholeness of life and academic excellence. Hard work coupled with invaluable directions of the management and excellent efforts of the staff has shaped the destiny of thousands of young budding children. We have succeeded in developing students perfect in academics and fully aware of humanitarian aspects.
Since the inception of the school, it was affiliated to the Punjab School Education Board upto 10 +2 level in the streams of Arts, Science and Commerce. In deference to the wishes and persistent demand of the parents, students and other distinguished dignitaries of Ludhiana, the school got affiliation with C.B.S.E. in April 2016 upto Secondary Education Level and in 2018 upto Senior Secondary Level.
Be it sports, academics or extracurricular activities, our students have brought laurels and fame to their Alma mater. I take this opportunity to apprise you with some of the salient achievements of our students in different domains.
Our school has shown excellent results of Matriculation Examination of C.B.S.E. for the academic session 2018-19. Out of a total of 121 Students who appeared in X – Std. Board Exams, the school result was 100 percent. Our brilliant students Shruti Lekhi with 95.8%, Parneet Kaur (95.2%) and Akriti Bhagat (93.2%) marks secured 1st, 2nd and 3rd position respectively. Besides this, 8 more students secured above 90% marks. Despite the economic constrains of the students, merit wise, 81 students passed with first Division, 29 secured 2nd division and only 11 students had to satisfy with third division in the Board Exams.
- In class 10+2, a total of 102 students (37 in Science Group, 40 Commerce and 25 in Humanities Group) appeared under Punjab School Education Board, Mohali. With all the sense of humility, I am happy to share with you that here also, our pass percentage was 100 percent. Our 101 Students passed with First Division (out of them 8 secured more than 90% marks) and only one student got Second Division thus adding new feather in the crown of the school.
- Aanchal Aggarwal got 92.1%, Manisha Sharma (91.5%), Priya (91.1%), Rahul Jain (90.6%) marks secured First, Second, Third and Fourth positions respectively in the school.
- Diksha Verma with 92.6%, Riya Malhotra with 90.2% and Manisha Bassi with 88.2% secured First, Second & Third position respectively in the school.
- Simranpreet Kaur with 91.7%, Anshu with 88.4% and Narinder Kaur with 82% marks notched the First, Second & Third position respectively in the school.
EXTRA – CURRICULAR ACTIVITIES:
Every school has a sustenance on three pillars i.e. Academics, Extra – Curricular Activities & Sports. Academic Excellence is absolutely necessary but a school includes much more than bare bookish knowledge. Here, teacher and taught explore not only to the world of knowledge but also their own thinking and behavior. To attain this goal, we organize inter class and inter house competitions at school level to develop the qualities of leadership, team spirit, tolerance, confidence and punctuality and to inculcate the significance of heritage. Therefore, Debates, Declamation contests, Quizzes, Solo Song & Dance Competitions, Skit, Fancy Dress Show, Paper Reading and Storytelling contests, Poster Making, Rangoli, Candle Making and Decorating competitions are held throughout the year.
Other important events like Earth Day, World Environment, World Aid’s Day, World Habitat and Heritage Day, Republic and Independence Day, Teachers Day, National Reading Day, Children’s Day, Wild Life Week, Jain Acharya Samrat Shree Atma Ram ji’s Birthday and Birthdays of other national & spiritual leaders are celebrated throughout the year. Festivals of all sections of society are celebrated with great enthusiasm by the students throughout the year.
Quiz competition under Hub of Learning and Hindi Declamation Contest under Ludhiana Sahodaya School Complex, Ludhiana was organized by our school; all C.B.S.E affiliated Schools of Ludhiana participated in these competitions.
- In Category A, Jasleen Kaur & Ekamjot Kaur of 4th won Second prize, in Category B, Sandeep Kaur & Kritika of 5thStd. got First prize, in Category C, Dev Arora & Rohan Kumar of 6th Std bagged First Prize, in Category D, Simarpreet Singh & Ramanpreet Kaur of 7th Std won Second Prize, In Category E, Ankur Singla & Rytham Bhambri of 8th Std won First Prize.
- At a Poster Making competition held in HVM Convent School, Rahon Road, Ludhiana under Ludhiana Sahodaya School complex, our Student Tanvi of 9thgot Second Prize.
- Our students Drishti Verma from 4thStd, Gurmeet Kaur from 5th, Diya Mehta from 6th Std Manhans Singh from 7th Std and Lavish Singla of 8th & Keshav Bhambri of 9th Std participated in Discovery School Super League (DSSL) powered by BYJU’s and won Byju’s s Goodie Bags and Participation Certificate. Gurmeet Kaur class 5th and Keshav was selected for second round.
- Our students participated in various competitions held in different Institutions. Arman of class 10th A got Consolation Prize in Shutterbug Photography Competition in Science Fest, organized by Guru Nanak Public School.
- Classmate Spell Bee Competition organized in our school Campus for 6thto 8th class students. Out of a total of 422 students who participated in this competition, six best students were selected for second round and Kuldeep Kaur of 7th got first Position in Ludhiana.
- Spring Flower Show was organized by LPU, Jallandhar. Our school bagged 19 prizes in different categories of Fresh flower Arrangements, Button Holes, Making Flower Bouquet, Ear – rings making, Kleera Making, Veni making, Floral Rangoli Competition, and Floral Theme Painting under 18 years of age.
- In Floral Theme Painting, Tanvi of 9th got Second Prize.
- In Floral Rangoli, Ravnoor Kaur and Paramjit Kaur of class XI (Arts) secured First and Second position respectively.
- Basant Utsav was celebrated at Bal Bharti Public School, Dugri, Ludhiana. In this Utsav our students participated in various competitions like Rangoli Making, Fresh Flower Arrangement and Group Dance Competition. In Rangoli Competition, Princy Garg & Shaminder Kaur of 8th got Second Prize, Swati & Gursimar of 8thstd got Third Prize. In Fresh Flower Arrangement, Ankur Rhythm of 7th Std. got Third Prize and Lakshita of the same class won Consolation Prize. In Group Dance Competition, our school bagged Third Prize.
- Students participated in Best out of Waste competition was organized by Saint Kabir Academy, Dham Talwandi Khurd under Hub of Learning.
In sports, our students have played at various levels i.e. District, State & National and have brought Laurels to the school.
- Manmeet Singh of class XI (Science) participated in All India Crossminton Championship (National Level) organized by All India Crossminton Organization at Govind National College, Narangwal, (Ludhiana) and won Silver Medal.
- Ritesh Kumar student of class X – B, participated in Punjab Board Schools State Judo Championship held at Guru Nanak Stadium, Ludhiana at District Level and bagged Gold Medal under 45Kg Weight Category.
- Kabaddi Tournament under 17 & 19 for Boys and under 19 for Girls were organized by Drishti Jain Public School under Ludhiana Sahodaya School Complex. Our school team, under 19 Boys & Girls participated in this tournament and were selected for Semi Final Round.
- To inculcate the talent of administration among our students, the students’ council of our school led by President, Vice-President, Head Boy, Head Girl, Captains & Vice Captains along with their teams of different houses are presently working hard for maintaining the discipline and smooth running of all the activities in the school premises in a very successful manner.
For all the above mentioned achievements & successes of the school, the soul behind the venture was our founder president, Samaj Rattan Late Shree Hira Lal Ji Jain who always rendered valuable advice for all our endeavors. Truly, he had sacrificed his whole life for upliftment of the society by facilitating quality Education through various institutions established under his able stewardship.
I am equally grateful to a hard task master, our present President Sh. Sanjeev Jain Ji, and all the Members of the Governing body for their esteemed advice on all occasions including the normal functioning of the school. Words do not suffice to express my gratitude for their valuable contribution.
I express my thanks to all the distinguished guests and dignitaries who graced at various occasions with their kind presence to motivate us to work with more vigor and commitment.
I am thankful to my esteemed colleagues in the teaching fraternity who left no stone unturned to ensure the success of each and every student in the areas/domains of the activities of their interest.
No success could be achieved without the helpful and willing support of very dear parents of the students studying in this school. I acknowledge with thanks for the cooperation rendered and valuable advices shared by them on different occasions.
I am no less thankful to my dear students, without whose active participation, this school could not scale new heights of excellence.
I shall be failing in my duty if I do not adequately thank the support staff and class IV staff who have been working day in and day out for completion of every job with perfection.
With sincere thanks and regards,