JAIN DHARM DIVAKAR ACHARYA SAMRAT PUJYA SHRI ATMA RAM JI MAHARAJ
(FROM SEPTEMBER 24, 1882 TO JANUARY 30, 1962)
World religion…… Truth, Spirituality, Non Attachment, Tolerance, Charity Fearlessness, Straight Forwardness, Non-Violence, Austerity, Forgiveness, Self-Control, Equanimity, Modesty, Fortitude
Peace, Purity, Love, Renunciation, Meditation, and Perseverance.
- Decorated with the title of “Acharya Samrat” in 1952 and had a many thousand Saints as his disciples.
- Advised & shown path to national leaders like Jawahar Lal Nehru, Sardar Vallabh Bhai Patel, Sh. Morar Ji Desai, Sh. Bhim Sain Sachar and Sardar Partap Singh Kairon for achieving independence from the clutches of British Empire.
- Being a Divine Guru, a living embodiment of diligence and expansion of self.
- A rare Saint scholar of Prakrit, Sanskrit, Hindi & many other languages and their literature. He translated, edited & re-wrote many Jain Agams from Prakrit to Sanskrit and then in Hindi. In addition he blessed humanity with his own advices, known as ‘Tikkas’ (conclusion).
- His charismatic capacity of self control & fortitude came to the fore when in a surgical operation of his hip bone, didn’t allow W. Virgin, a Canadian national, to use anesthesia and raw cotton, and asked him to operate without touch by any female staff of his body. No sign of any nervousness was there on the face of this divine Guru. After this surgery, Dr. Virgin with all sense of humility remarked that he had never seen any saint of his caliber with such perseverance. He was truly an apostle for humanity at large.
- Mission of charity to the neglected sections of society was very close to the heart of this adorable guru.
- Paying rich tribute to this beacon of spiritual light, a posh colony named Atam Nagar was established in Ludhiana & “Atam Samarak” in village Kanech (Sahnewal), G.T. Road, Ludhiana for the in depth Study of Jain Agams by his devotee Samaj Rattan Late Shri Hira Lal Jain.
After the heavenly abode of Guru Ji, his true devotee Samaj Rattan Late Shri Hira Lal Jain pledged himself for the fulfillment of his Guru’s cherished mission and established Shri Atma Ram Jain Memorial Trust. Later with the efforts of Samaj Rattan Late Shri Hira Lal Jain, institutions based on charity including ATAM PUBLIC SR. SEC. SCHOOL (Est. 1974), ATAM NURSERY SCHOOL (Est. 1974) and ATAM VIDYA MANDIR SCHOOL (Est. 2008) in the streams of education and health services were established under the aegis of the trust for providing quality education on affordable fee structure.